Despite the hype around Xbox Elite with magical Elite paddles, nobody has cancelled the opportunity to map Xbox 360 to keyboard via reWASD and make your controller stronger with Xbox 360 button mapping. Let’s check how it works.
Now you can apply 50 assignments instead of 14 while you map Xbox 360 to keyboard. I’ve prepared the short how-to, so you could see the Xbox 360 button mapping process with every single detail about Shift mode. Basically, you pick a button in reWASD (it can be any control) as a Shift, and while you press‘n’hold it — a new set of actions reproduce. Let’s map Xbox 360 to keyboard together, so you will see how it works.
How to map Xbox 360 to keyboard using Shift mode:
- Download and install reWASD. It’s free to try, so it would be easy to start.
- Connect your Xbox 360 to PC. You will see it in reWASD too.
- Create a new profile, the config creates automatically. Start remapping!
- Assign Xbox 360 controls to keyboard: fulfill the main configuration first. Leave some buttons you will use as Shifts!
- Now it's time to deal with Shift: choose the first Shift in the top left corner, then pick the Shift modifier (the button you press to activate the new keybindings layout). Hooks are available here: you can simply press the desired Xbox 360 controller button and it will be selected right away.
- Add bindings for this Shift: just map Xbox 360 to keyboard one more time.
- You can add up to 4 Shifts to one config. If you need more additional configurations — make yourself at home and do Xbox 360 button mapping more and more times!
- A few steps left to fully map Xbox 360 controller to keyboard (or mouse): return to the main mappings and press “Apply”.
- Now you can see the “Remap is ON”, that means you can try your config in the game.
- Don’t forget to share your config to the reWASD community. Community is a good place for users to put questions right to developers, brag about the job you’ve done and receive other users’ feedback!
Note: reWASD discerns the main configuration and Shifts, and if some buttons inside the Shift are unbinded — your main mappings will perform.
Here it is. Just a few easy steps to solve the How to use an Xbox 360 controller on PC? question.
We really appreciate your activity and interest to reWASD, in case if you’re a rookie and you need some help while you map Xbox 360 to keyboard you can check out the other related blog posts:
- If you don’t know what to start with while doing Xbox 360 button mapping — check out the tips for creating the first config
- To economize spare Xbox 360 controller buttons learn more about stick zones mapping
- Find out everything about mouse acceleration, it is helpful if your Xbox 360 sticks are too sensitive.
For the better experience, you can check out the video, where we map Xbox 360 to keyboard, reveal reWASD features and demonstrate how shifts work on GTA San Andreas gameplay. Once you’ll finish watching you’ll understand that Xbox 360 button mapping is not that hard if you’re using the right gamepad mapper :)