The feature to remap controller buttons PC for gaming was surprisingly demanded for our controller mapping software. Thanks to efforts of our team and your feedback, reWASD can not only map Xbox controller to keyboard but change the native Xbox one controller button layout just like a perfect Xbox one controller app! Actually, it will for for Xbox 360, One, Elite, DualShock 3 and 4.
How to remap controller buttons on PC?
- Download and install reWASD by following the link below. You can try our controller mapping program for free.
- Before you remap controller buttons, PC needs to recognize controller. Connect the gamepad, and you will see it in reWASD too.
- Create a new profile, the config creates automatically. Start remapping!
- First, let's change Xbox one controller button layout. Choose a controller button in the main window directly or press it, then do the same with the keyboard and "reWASD mapping" list. What does it mean? It means that each time you press a controller button, reWASD will emulate this keyboard key.
- If you intend to do the Hardware mapping (remap controller buttons on PC), you go to “Gamepad mapping” and choose the appropriate controller button.
- Go back to the main mappings screen to do more reWASD controller mapping if needed, then press “Apply”.
- That’s it! You can enjoy the config you’ve just created.
Don’t forget about the awesome feature: you can press the controller button that you want to remap, reWASD will hook it right away, as well as keyboard keys.
Hardware mapping is a useful thing: if you've used Xbox Accessories app before you can forget about it now and use reWASD only both for keyboard mapping and to remap controller buttons (on) PC. Or, if you find that your Xbox Accessories App not working properly, you always know what to use ;)
What Button mapping reWASD does?
You can reassign face buttons (XYAB), both bumpers, both triggers presses, sticks clicks and axes, additional controller buttons (View, Menu and Xbox button) and D-pad to each other.
The last hardware remapping option — “Unmapped”. Actually, unmap is the best choice if you change Xbox one controller button layout completely. When you remap controller buttons on PC and add keyboard keys to them, you need to overlap the native action. Choose "Unmapped" — and you won't get doubled actions in the game. Want to get more details? Read about how to unmap controller buttons in our previous post.
We hope that this guide was useful for you and that you’re enjoying playing PC games with our controller mapping software! Follow our social media pages (Facebook and Pinterest) for reWASD updates, gaming news, configs and more!