Certainly, you already know where to look for the best controller mapper for Windows 10. And it’s not a secret that with reWASD you can control not only in games, but use game controller as mouse in any desktop app. Some of the most enthusiastic users uploaded their configs that are not related to videogames to reWASD community, and we’re about to tell you about the most interesting ones! But first, let’s start with a guide and tips:
- Download reWASD first to prepare to control PC with Xbox controller
- Connect your controller to PC. Once it’s connected, you’ll see the indicator at the bottom left of reWASD window.
- Add a new game profile, the config appears automatically. Time to start remapping!
- What you need to do first before you use controller as mouse on desktop, is to assign mouse, arrows, mouse clicks to controller buttons:
- Another thing that you’ll definitely need are the shortcuts: it’s all up to you, but I’d suggest the basic ones. Alt + Tab, Ctrl + Shift + W or Alt + F4 (close window), Ctrl + Shift + Esc, Win + D. As you wish! Check out the full list of Windows keyboard shortcuts to pick the ones you need.
- Once you’ve added all mappings you need, press Apply. The config is saved and applied, you can start to control PC with Xbox controller with the refreshed set of bindings!
Remember about labels that can ease the understanding of what mappings mean. You can add short descriptions to every button, so if you suddenly forget about what your mapping means you can check the label!
Control PC with Xbox Controller easily
If you’re a PC gamer that plays with gamepad, sometimes you need to use game controller as mouse on desktop. A known struggle: when you need to put your controller away, Alt+Tab and do some stuff with mouse, like block some bully in Steam. There’s no need to do that anymore, reWASD steps into the breach!
One of the first non-game configs that appeared in reWASD community was the preset for desktop, made to control PC with Xbox controller. It’s quite simple and handy, you can use it for controlling the desktop. Check out the combos:
The best part are the shortcuts, you can switch between windows with only one button click. You can also add other shortcuts, depending on how you will use the controller.
Have you ever returned from a great vacation with 3 GB of pictures on your camera? True story. It’s time to edit, huh? That’s where controller will help you. Now let’s specify the way how to use controller as mouse in programs. One of our users uploaded a config for Lightroom, and we’d like to show it to you:
This config even has labels - all the mappings are signed, and even if you forget about what they actually mean you can always have a sneak peek on them, that is awesome! A lot of the basic functions are mapped to the main interface, so you can access them easily. This config will help you use Xbox One controller as mouse while editing your perfect shots.
The most interesting way how you can control PC with Xbox controller is to adapt gamepad for using milling equipment (if you need to, of course). That’s what some of our users did: they created configs and one of them recorded a demonstrative video how exactly it worked out. And here’s the first config:
The second one is also CNC-themed, its author is Rick Sparber, and he has a very serious approach. Here’s the documentation for the application of preset and controller, we’re super glad that reWASD was useful while he tried to control PC with Xbox controller. And here’s the config itself:
Come to reWASD Community and check out the Centroid CNC12 X Box Controller setting.
Hope this short post will help you use controller as mouse and see how reWASD bring gamepad usage to the new level. If you still have some questions - don’t hesitate to contact us in the comments below or via Facebook messages. And don't forget to follow our Pinterest page for more news!